ThinkOnIt Bible Devotions for Daily Inspiration

My Utmost For His Highest

Our Daily Bread

Inner Fulfillment ~ Inspiring Devotions

ThinkOnIt's shared items

Thursday, September 21, 2006

ThinkOnIt...Philippians 3:12 NKJV

I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection! But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be.

Philippians 3:12 NKJV

Paul is so practical. He knows as he writes, that some might misunderstand what he's trying to convey. Therefore, he assures them that even he hasn't attained perfection. He then goes on to say that he keeps working at it. There's another life principle to follow. We have an enemy who prowls around looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8). All he wants to do is make your life in Christ miserable. He schemes to steal, kill and destroy any joy you get in following Christ. John 10:10 "The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness." Christ came to give us an abundant life, a real life, a life lived for God's glory. We can not allow the trials of this life to discourage us and weaken our faith. That would be letting the enemy have victory. But we have the victory over Satan. He is already done for. For when Christ died on the cross and was resurrected, He broke the power of death. So what can he, our enemy, do now that he can't steal our life away from Christ? He can sidetrack us by sending accusations and condemnation in your mind. Proverbs 23:7 "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." We need to bring every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ.

No comments: