ThinkOnIt Bible Devotions for Daily Inspiration

My Utmost For His Highest

Our Daily Bread

Inner Fulfillment ~ Inspiring Devotions

ThinkOnIt's shared items

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

ThinkOnIt...Philippians 3:9 NKJV

...and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; Philippians 3:9 NKJV

Oh how I love this verse! After I spent my entire life (before knowing Christ) trying to keep the laws/rules to "be good", it left me rather unsatisfied. I always felt I needed to push myself harder to prove that I was good. It was so tiring. Here Paul is explaining what is pure joy to me now...to be found in Christ. Being in Christ we are covered by His righteousness and clothed in Him. Isaiah 61:10 "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself
with her jewels." What joy there is in believing God's promise: John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Notice this verse doesn't say "whoever works" or "whoever earns", it says "whoever believes". Jesus taught us to pray believing we have received already (Mark 11:24) and we shall have it.

Come see www.ThinkOnItDevotions.com - where you'll daily devotions, bible studies, book reviews and more to draw you closer to God.
Join me to save a child from poverty. Ask me how or go to www.worldvision.com

No comments: