ThinkOnIt Bible Devotions for Daily Inspiration

My Utmost For His Highest

Our Daily Bread

Inner Fulfillment ~ Inspiring Devotions

ThinkOnIt's shared items

Monday, September 18, 2006

ThinkOnIt...Philippians 3:8 NKJV

Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ... Philippians 3:8 NKJV

Paul continues to say that of all his accomplishments of the past, he now considers rubbish compared to the excellent knowledge of Christ Jesus. Once Christ comes into your life, the old life is gone and the new life has begun (2 Corinthians 5:17). Paul's saying "for whom I have suffered the loss of all things" is like a sacrifice to the Lord because he no longer depends on them to define who he is. He gave all of his old ways to the Lord, that he may gain Christ and be made new. What are you depending on? What defines you? May it be Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

Come see www.ThinkOnItDevotions.com - where you'll daily devotions to draw you closer to God. Join me to save a child from poverty. Ask me how or go to www.worldvision.com

No comments: