ThinkOnIt Bible Devotions for Daily Inspiration

My Utmost For His Highest

Our Daily Bread

Inner Fulfillment ~ Inspiring Devotions

ThinkOnIt's shared items

Saturday, September 23, 2006

ThinkOnIt...Philippians 3:15-16 NKJV

I hope all of you who are mature Christians will agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you. But we must be sure to obey the truth we have learned already. Philippians 3:15-16 NKJV

Unity of God's children is important. We are told we are "sealed in the Holy Spirit" (Ephesians 1:13), "we are the body of Christ" (Romans 12:5), "members of same body" (1 Corinthians 12:12), "we belong to each other"(1 Corinthians 12:12), and "be like-minded" (Philippians 2:2). The more we mature as Christians, I believe the more unity occurs. When we are young we don't always understand things, as their meant to be understood. But rather we understand things for how we "want" to understand them. As we learn to lay aside all selfish ambition (Philippians 2:3), pride, and anything else that causes division, we mature. Paul statement "I believe God will make it plain to you" is so relieving to me. I often feel I must help others to believe. That is not my job, but the Holy Spirit's job (John 16:8). I have learned to take that desire to help and turn it into prayer and then allow Him to work in their lives. Obedience is the other principle we guide our life by. We aren't obeying what we know to be true, then what does that say about what we believe? It tells the world we really don't believe it.

No comments: