ThinkOnIt Bible Devotions for Daily Inspiration

My Utmost For His Highest

Our Daily Bread

Inner Fulfillment ~ Inspiring Devotions

ThinkOnIt's shared items

Sunday, September 17, 2006

ThinkOnIt...Philippians 3:7 NKJV

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.
Philippians 3:7 NKJV

I can relate to this saying of Paul very well. Before I gave my life to Christ, I lived for myself. Everything I did was to promote me. I'd work hard, so I'd be recognized at work. I helped out where I could so people would say "she's really a good girl". I followed all the rules so that I would be good. Every certificate I earned boosted my ego and self-confidence. Every raise or bonus I received at work would cause me to puff up inside. I thank Jesus for coming into my heart and taking all that away. With Christ in me, all those things were worthless to me. All my precious awards I tossed in the trash. I no longer needed them. I have Christ. Galatians 2:20 "I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Come see www.ThinkOnItDevotions.com - where you'll daily devotions, bible studies, book reviews and more to draw you closer to God. Join me to save a child from poverty. Ask me how or go to www.worldvision.com

No comments: